To help you start this positive orthodontic experience Beisiegel Orthodontics found a new recipe that is braces friendly and taste buds approved! Check it out below.
1 (15 oz) can Pumpkin
1 Egg yolk, large
2 Eggs, large
Baking & Spices
1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup Brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1 tbsp Pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp Salt
1 2/3 tbsp Vanilla
Oils & Vinegars
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
8 oz Cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. This will not look smooth, but it will bake up much prettier. (You can see exactly how I did this in the video at the top of the page.)
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.